Echocardiography is an imaging method of examining the heart and blood vessels using an ultrasound machine.
The examination at the FLOSMED clinic is performed by a medicine. Małgorzata Kwissa.
Usually, the ultrasound examination itself is performed while lying on the left side. When the patient is in this position, the doctor applies the head of the device to the body. Equipment for testing by transmitted sound waves receives threw out. The image appears on the monitor heartswhich allows for the detection of any irregularities. The examination lasts from a few to several minutes and you must not move during it.
- ischemic heart disease (coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction),
- congenital and acquired heart defects,
- bacterial endocarditis,
- diseases of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathies),
- pericardial diseases (e.g. pericardial effusion, cardiac tamponade),
- vascular diseases (e.g. aortic aneurysm),
- cardiopulmonary diseases (pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary embolism),
- other, among others heart cancers.
A heart echo is a non-invasive and painless test. A standard echocardiogram is a simple, painless and safe procedure. It does not cause any side effects, only the ultrasound gel that is used during the examination may be cold and may cause an allergic reaction in some people. Unlike other tests such as X-rays and CT scans, no radiation is used in an echocardiogram.
The method of preparation for the echocardiography depends on the type of examination. In the case where transthoracic ECHO is performed, it is necessary to undress from the waist up and lie on your back.
Cardiology consultation + ECG + HEART ECHOPLN 300