Diseases associated with impaired function of the skin and its appendages (hair, nails).
Dermatology, as a field of medicine, it deals with diseases of the skin, its appendages (hair, nails), diseases of the mucous membranes, as well as systemic diseases giving skin symptoms.
Paweł Pietkiewicz, MD, PhD
Paweł Pietkiewicz, MD, Ph.D is a specialist in dermatology and venereology, one of only a few Poles with a specialization diploma European Union of Medical Professionals (UEMS-EBDV, Frankfurt am Main, 2016) and the only Pole from Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy (Skin Cancer Institute/IDS, 2020).
He gained professional experience as university lecturer for years of work at the Department and Clinic of Dermatology of the Medical University of Karol Marcinkowski in Poznań, w General and Oncological Surgery Clinic Greater Poland Cancer Center, as well as at numerous internships abroad.
Since 2015, he has been conducting screening studies for the early detection of melanoma as part of a pan-European campaign Euromelanoma. He was the scientific director and lecturer of courses for doctors and physicians in the field of dermatoscopy, as well as a lecturer and member of scientific committees of conferences in the country and abroad.
From 2022, he is the President of the Management Board Polish Dermatoscopy Group. From 2021, he represents Poland on the board International Dermoscopy Society. There is also member of the Polish Society of Dermatology (PTD), American Confocal Group, European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV), European Association for Cancer Procedures (EACR), European Association of Dermato-Oncology (EADO), International Dermoscopy Society (IDS), New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) and the Skin Cancer Institute.
His achievements include nearly 150 domestic and foreign scientific and popular science publications in the field of dermatology and oncology, including 2 textbooks on dermato-oncology (Cutaneous Melanoma, IntechOpen, London 2020; and Dermatoscopy, IntechOpen, London 2022) and the editor of the Polish edition Dermatoscopy in general dermatology (Edra Urban&Partner, 2023), 9 chapters in Polish and foreign specialist textbooks, and 24 articles collected in the PubMed database.
He is a laureate of:
- UCB Scholarship (2021)
- XNUMXst place in the AI Challenge dermatoscopic competition against the Mole Analyzer Pro system (an advanced artificial intelligence system created to recognize skin cancers, based on deep learning algorithms; Fotofinder) (28th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Madrid, Spain, 2019),
- XNUMXst place in the AI Challenge dermatoscopic competition against the Mole Analyzer Pro system (Fotofinder) (24th World Congress of Dermatology, Milan, Italy, 2019),
- Eli Lilly Grant (2019, 2020),
- XNUMXst place in the AI Challenge dermatoscopic competition against the DEXI system (Canfield) (24th World Congress of Dermatology, Milan, Italy, 2019),
- I place in the Dermoscopy Excellence competition (Rome, Italy, 2018)
- British Society for Pediatric Dermatology Grant (BPSD, Glasgow, Scotland, 2018)
- congratulatory letter of the Rector of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences for scientific achievements in 2017.
- Scottish Dermatological Society Grant (SDS, Stirling, Scotland, 2017)
- Euroderm Excellence Grant (EDF, Nice, France, 2015)
- Société Française de Dermatologie Grant (SFD, Paris, France, 2015),
- Michael Hornstein Scholarship (EADV, Valencia, Spain, 2015)
- Doctoral scholarship for employees of the Medical University of Karol Marcinkowski in Poznań (2015)
- congratulatory letter of the Rector of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences for scientific achievements in 2015,
- And prizes in the poster session (XXX Congress of the Polish Society of Dermatology, Krakow, Poland, 2012),
- XNUMXst prizes in the session of Dermatology and Venereology (9th International Congress of Young Medical Scientists, Poznań, Poland, 2009),
- EADO Exchange Fellowship (EADO, University Department of Dermatology, Prof. I. Zalaudek, Trieste, Italy, 2018),
- Trialect-Sapienza Fellowship in Non-invasive Dermatologic Imaging and Cancerization Field (Trialect, Department of Dermatology of the Umberto I Polyclinic of the "La Sapienza" University of Rome, Prof. S. Calvieri / Dr. C. Cantisani, Rome, Italy, 2018),
- internships in Scottish dermatology clinics – Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (Glasgow), Royal Hospital for Children (Glasgow), Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (Edinburgh) and Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital (Aberdeen, Scotland, 2017),
- internship in the field of skin surgery (Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Prof. J. Hafner/Prof. S. Läuchli, Zurich, Switzerland, 2015).
The most common diseases encountered in the office:
- atopic dermatitis
- seborrheic dermatitis
- contact eczema
- juvenile acne and rosacea
- pigmented birthmarks
- skin tumors and cancers – basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma, soft and hard fibromas
- bacterial, viral and fungal infections of the skin and mucous membranes
- sun and drug-induced skin reactions
- sexually transmitted diseases: syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydial infections, genital warts, molluscum contagiosum.
Dermatological consultationPLN 350
Pediatric dermatological consultationPLN 350
Imaging tests (nevi, neoplasms)PLN 700Whole body dermatoscopy + video dermatoscopy - full assessment of pigmented moles with optional recording of photos of changes requiring monitoring (30-minute visit)
Trichoscopy – assessment in hair diseases (30-minute visit)
Devices used: Dermlite DL3N, DL4, fluorescent dermatoscope DL5, Heine Delta20, Delta30Pro, Handyscope, nUV Casio Dermocamera Dz-100 reflective videodermatoscope.
The FLOSMED clinic does not have a device for mapping birthmarks.
Cryosurgeryfrom PLN 700Cryosurgery (viral warts, seborrheic keratoses, condyloma acuminata, molluscum contagiosum, corns, actinic keratosis - 30-minute visit)
Electrosurgeryfrom PLN 700(seborrheic keratoses, soft fibromas, intradermal nevi, molluscum contagiosum, hemangiomas, actinic keratosis, superficial skin cancers)
Skin surgery (after prior consultation and qualification for the procedure)from 700
Removal of soft fibromasfrom PLN 700
Surgical removal of the skin lesion
(depending on size and location)
with follow-up after suture removalfrom PLN 700-1200
Diagnostic tests (during the visit)
Skin biopsy + histology or DIFPLN 650
Bacterial swabPLN 60aerobic bacteria
Bacterial swabPLN 120aerobic + anaerobic bacteria
Bacterial swabPLN 180aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and fungi
Treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids (during the visit)PLN 700for 1 scar (usually 4-7 sessions are necessary)
Medical certificate for the needs of the employer / school / air travelPLN 100
Renewal of a prescription without the need for a visitPLN 100
Intramuscular administration of the drugPLN 50